Are you ready to move out from a shared server to a dedicated one? Here is a migration guide that you can follow for a smooth migration process.
Migration from a shared to a dedicated plan
A while ago we changed the subscription plans Keen Koala and larger to dedicated instances. It has since then not been possible to upgrade from a shared plan like Cute Cat or Humble Hedgehog to a dedicated plan. What you need to do instead is creating a new instance and migrate to that one. To make your migration smooth, you can follow these steps:
- When you create a new instance it’s possible to copy settings and users from an existing instance. This is done in the third step of the instance wizard.
- If you are using the default user (random eight chars) on your old instance, add it to your new instance and give it full access to all topics
- Create a bridge on the new instance that shovels all messages from the old instance to the new. We recommend selecting QoS 1 or 2 for the bridge.
- Reconfigure your subscribers to use the new instance.
- Reconfigure your publishers to use the new instance.
- If the old instance is a Humble Hedgehog, downgrade to Cute Cat, and keep for a while if you for some reason need or would like to move back.
- Remove the bridge created in step 3.
- Enjoy your dedicated plan!
Let us know if you have any questions!